"Perhaps I did, you know, degrade the quality of others' lives…"


I wrote on a wall at my university, "I Believe in You," and I was tackled by three undercover police officers, had to spend the night in jail, and now I had a lovely day at court. And, you know what? It was quite an experience. I mean, it was fun, it's kinda silly. I think, you know, cops really need to reassess their priorities, I mean, it's a bit of chalk. But I can't complain. I mean, I did write on a wall, and perhaps I did, you know, degrade the quality of others' lives, as the law seems to stipulate, however, I don't know. I'll leave it up to the judge to decide, but...it's water-soluble, and I only do it before it rains, so, you know. I don't write just that, I write whatever sort of comes upon me, but they're always sort of silly inspirational truisms. I just want to make people happy, I want to create an environment that is much more alive as opposed to just this dead, gray place. I also plant flowers sort of in inanimate objects sort of around the city. I'm waiting to be arrested for that. Hopefully that'll come soon, we'll see. I don't know, I just want to make people happy, but the law doesn't really agree with that, so, see what happens.

Sam